Awakened Boston - Shadows of the New World
New Salem, MA
New Salem is named for its first settlers, who arrived from Salem, MA in 1737. The town’s borders were extended upon completion of the Quabbin Reservoir after it was granted lands from several towns flooded by the rising waters.
Recently the attention of the Consilium of Boston-Salem (and specifically, the cabal of Winter’s Thorn) has been drawn to the town and the area around it by:
- The dreams of the attendees of the Church of the Red Word of Christ, and their collection by its pastor.
- The disapearance of the mage called Etamin, of the Sagitta cabal, who was studying the Shadow of the Quabbin.
- The depopulation of spirits in the region, and the recent appearance of hunger spirits, including, allegedly, a Wendigo.
- The rumor (and discovery) of an entrance to the fabled Wood of Empty Houses, a strange realm where forgotten things go.